A Mixer for Good: Bateman Introduces Community Partners to Reporters at SPiN SF
Earlier this month, our friends from Fast Company, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, KQED, Mashable, The Parallax, The New Stack, PCWorld, IDG, and TechTarget joined us at SPiN SF to mingle — and play ping pong — with a handful of beneficiaries of Bateman Group’s monthly E3thos grants.
Our E3thos friends earned the spotlight of the evening, and were each recognized for the important work they do to keep the Bay Area safe, artistic and livable:
- SF Education Fund uses the power of the community to equip every public school student with the skills to succeed in college, career and civic responsibility.
- Anti-Defamation League is the world’s leading organization combating anti-Semitism, exposing hate groups, training law enforcement on hate crimes, developing anti-bias curricula for students, countering cyber-hate and relentlessly pursuing equal rights for all.
- ODC Dance inspires audiences, cultivates artists, engages the community, and fosters diversity and inclusion through dance.
- At the Crossroads –reaches out to homeless youth and young adults at their point of need, and works with them to build healthy and fulfilling lives.
- WeOwnTV produces independent, educational documentaries and supports filmmaker education.
Conversations skewed toward what folks are doing to engage with their local communities. We learned about Alex Handy’s Oakland-based Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (MADE), Blair Hanley Frank’s urban planning concerns related to autonomous vehicles, and Jack Madden’s plans to teach classical music as a volunteer in San Francisco public schools.
We often encourage our technology clients to amplify the “human” elements of their stories. This mixer was a reminder that people connect through personal motivations and contributions. We were happy to learn about how some of our closest reporters give back and to make connections that will advance the missions of our nonprofit partners.
A special shout out to SPiN SF who, on a day of giving, donated their venue to us, and allowed these connections happen in a fun environment.
Thank you to our friends who attended and to the organizations they represent for their support of the Bay Area community.