Bateman Group Is Hiring a Director of Content and Digital Strategy
We’re looking for a director to expand our fast-growing Content Studio — a team of creative strategists, writers, former journalists, marketers and designers. The role involves working with incredible technology companies at the forefront of their industries, telling and amplifying their stories through integrated campaigns.
As director of content and digital strategy, you’ll help lead daily operations of the Digital Group while training and leading teams to shape and execute campaigns. We’re seeking a candidate with a track record of designing, directing and executing integrated marketing strategies for fast-growth brands in both B2B and consumer technology categories.
You will report to Digital Group Vice President Caleb Bushner and work closely with him to expand digital thinking and capabilities across the organization. We’re looking for someone with extensive knowledge of the digital marketing landscape and how it’s changing, as well as tools and techniques for measuring impact.
The Content Studio and its Digital Group have spearheaded an array of integrated campaigns and strategic programs ranging from in-depth audience analysis reports to multichannel ad campaigns. Informed by a focus on audience-first messaging the team helps clients find new, meaningful ways to reach and engage the audiences that matter to clients.
Bateman Group is growing quickly across our three offices in San Francisco, Brooklyn and Portland, and we’re open to candidates based in any one of those locations. We’re an award-winning place to work that invests in our people through professional development, management and mentorship, and some pretty great perks and benefits. We are also committed to running a mindful business; through our E3thos program we give 2% of our profits, up to 2% of our time, and 2% of partner equity each year to support causes in our communities.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a director of content and digital strategy:
- Integrated campaign planning and execution: You’re a strategic thinker with a mind for details and the big picture. You can lead a program from beginning to end, defining goals, interfacing with clients, building plans and executing for measurable results. You can provide input on PR and content campaigns with an integrated mindset.
- Process and operations: You’re organized and capable of managing the operations of our team’s programs. You’ve developed workflows as well as managed staff and directly contributed to execution. You consistently meet deadlines, delegate effectively and can break big projects into smaller parts.
- Proven track record: You’ve grown audiences, driven conversions and demonstrated to clients and executives the ROI of your work through quantitative and qualitative results. You have experience running successful paid, owned and earned social campaigns. You can point to examples of integrated digital and content marketing strategies that have increased awareness and generated leads.
- Content production and sourcing: You’ve created comprehensive content strategies and produced the daily assets and conversation required to bring them to life. You have experience defining content pillars and sourcing brand-safe and brand-aligned assets (UGC, articles, images and other content) for those content needs.
- Leadership experience: You’re an empathetic leader capable of bringing the best out of people, and you’ve directly managed people and teams. You have 7-10 years of experience working at an innovative agency and/or fast growth technology brand (though we prefer agency experience).
- Domain knowledge: You are knowledge about at least two market sectors relevant to our clients, with expertise in at least one of the following: enterprise technology, fintech, cloud/infrastructure, life sciences and/or media/marketing technology.
Here’s what you would be doing day-to-day:
- Work with the leadership team to operationalize our growing business by managing team forecasting, staff modeling and daily operations.
- Conceptualize, direct and execute integrated digital and content marketing programs for fast-growth technology brands (B2B experience required; consumer experience a plus).
- Partner with Bateman Group’s media, digital and content teams to ensure campaigns are integrated and aligned with our clients’ broader marketing and awareness KPIs.
- Serve as lead client counselor and relationship manager on all things digital and content
- Measure client growth and impact across the spectrum of integrated channels and tactics.
- Use social listening tools to generate insight, fuel impactful conversation and inform campaign and content recommendations.
- Stay ahead of the curve on best practices and industry trends.
- Serve as lead digital and content strategist in new business presentations.