We’re Hiring a Media Strategy Leader at Bateman Group
We have a new exciting career opportunity for an experienced Vice President of Media Strategy to shape Bateman Group’s work with media, and run our growing Media Practice. Please check out our job description below and shout if you’re interested in joining our fast-growing offices in San Francisco and NYC.
As our first Vice President of Media Strategy, your job is to evolve Bateman Group’s media offerings and advance the company’s leadership in all things media relations. This is the company’s most senior media-focused role at the agency, straddling business strategy, client relations and media relations. It’s ideal for someone who aspires to continue cultivating their media skills while contributing deeply to company leadership and growth.
This is a full-time position reporting to one of the agency partners and can be based in either our San Francisco or Brooklyn office.
Here’s what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
- Serves as managing director for the company’s internal Media Practice of media specialists and ex-journalists (~10 people)
- Leads the development of new media products and monetization opportunities for Bateman Group; evolves existing ones. This can include media trainings, media tours, events, broadcast programs and more
- Serves as a passionate internal advocate for Media Practice members and evolves roles and responsibilities for practice members as needed
- Serves as media lead on key accounts and acts as a strategic consultant across the company’s roster of accounts
- Acts as a trusted media advisor for clients — is able to navigate tricky situations with both clients and media, and coach teams to do the same
- Pitches top-tier media and secures strategic coverage for clients across our portfolio
- Fosters excitement and passion among staff to improve their media relations skills and gives them the tools to do so, including leading company brown bags and 1:1 coaching
- Generates new business lead flow for the agency, and drives new business pitches in partnership with other senior leads
- Cultivates the agency’s sphere of influence with media, VCs, etc.
- Manages direct reports
- Minimum 10 years experience in PR and media relations, either in tech corporations or startups, or client service agency environments
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following Practice Areas: Future Stack (development tools and infrastructure); Future of Work (workplace technologies); Money & Markets (fintech), Growth (marketing and ad technologies); Trust (security and privacy)
- Maintains deep knowledge of the evolution of the media and PR landscape; is always looking for ways to better map media approaches to industry trends
- Previous success leading teams
- Direct report management experience
- Experience developing and launching new service offerings, including involvement in pricing
- Maintains top-tier rolodex of media relationships
- Additional strengths in any all of the following: broadcast, influencer campaigns, crisis comms and/or paid media strategies
- Alignment with our core values, particularly Invest in Team, Test Yourself, Do What You Say and Give Back
- Minimum BA/BS degree
When it comes to customizing a dream job in PR, no other firm comes close to what we offer. If you’d value an opportunity to help us build something special, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.