Media Moves: Updates at NYT, AP, WSJ, CNBC and More
Reporters at publications including The New York Times, the Associated Press and the Wall Street Journal are on the move. Read on to stay updated on where the media have ended up this month.
- The New York Times has welcomed Erin Griffith as a reporter in San Francisco covering startups and venture capital.
- Kara Swisher, editor at large at Recode, will be contributing to The New York Times with a focus on big ideas in technology.
- The Wall Street Journal has named John D. Stoll business columnist. He will write a weekly column in the paper’s Saturday Business section and contribute to overall WSJ business coverage
- Jill Cornfield has been hired as a personal finance reporter at CNBC.
- Hannah Fingerhut, most recently a research analyst at Pew Research Center, is joining the Associated Press as a polling and surveys reporter.
- Jack Gillum, most recently an investigative reporter at the Washington Post, is joining ProPublica as a senior reporter. He will cover technology with a focus on algorithms and civil rights.
- Dan Hirschhorn, most recently the director of news at Time and Time Inc., is joining Barron’s as managing editor for news.
- Georgia Frances King, who joined Quartz two years ago – covering topics such as the intersection of AI, design and language – has been promoted to Ideas editor.
- John Kelly is the new director of data journalism at USA Today.
- Buzzfeed articles editor Ellen Cushing has joined The Atlantic to cover technology and lead the magazine’s San Francisco bureau as a senior editor.
- Business Insider reporter Frank Chaparro has changed his coverage, from financial technology and young Wall Street culture to equity and crypto market structure, digital wealth management and Morgan Stanley.