We’re Hiring a Content Strategist! Seeking Security and/or Enterprise Tech Expertise
Bateman Group is hiring a content strategist with experience writing about technology to join our industry-leading Content Studio. We work with some of the most interesting tech companies around, shaping and sharing their stories through integrated content, PR and digital marketing.
We launched the Content Studio after I joined Bateman Group in 2012 and our team has grown to include several other former technology journalists, as well as content strategists and a digital group with experts in social strategy and design. Content Studio members are embedded in accounts and work closely with teams to ensure a strong, symbiotic relationship between content and PR. Through this partnership, we craft storylines and develop integrated campaigns to reach our clients’ key audiences. We lead thought leadership programs, interviewing top executives and helping them communicate compelling points of view. We manage data campaigns, from concept to analysis, writing, editing and distribution. We write and place contributed columns and commentary, create graphics, video campaigns, whitepapers and blog posts, and amplify this content across channels.
It’s an exciting time to be at Bateman Group. We’re growing fast and actively building out new Content Studio services. We have a strong professional development program and Content Studio members play a key role in mentoring, leading writing and editing training sessions and elevating writing at the agency overall. We’re a smart, collaborative and creative bunch who think outside the box and are trusted partners of our clients.
Bateman Group has a large portfolio of clients in the cybersecurity space, which we refer to as our “Trust” practice area, and in software and services for enterprises, which we call “Future Stack” and “Future of Work.” We are looking for an experienced writer and/or content strategist with experience in these domains.
More details about the job are listed below. If this job aligns with your skills, experience and interests, you can apply here.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Writing: You’re an exceptional writer with 5+ years experience in technology journalism, writing, PR and/or content marketing. You’re versatile; you can craft a thought leadership byline for a C-level executive, draft lighthearted social copy and write a research-driven report.
- Domain expertise: You understand the CTO/CIO and/or CISO and have experience writing for this audience. You can write knowledgeably about the security and/or enterprise technology industries and have general knowledge and writing experience in one to two other market sectors relevant to our clients, such as: cloud/infrastructure, management/leadership, fintech, advertising/marketing technology or life sciences.
- Strategy: You’re a critical thinker who can recommend ways to reach the right audience(s) and help our clients achieve their communications and business goals. You understand the landscape of outlets publishing contributed content and can discern what topic and format would be most fitting for a given outlet. You understand the fundamentals of content marketing and can recommend new, creative ways to tell our clients’ stories.
- Thought leadership: You’re able to shape thought leadership content for our clients and develop points of view that advance industry conversations. You’re comfortable counseling clients and interviewing executives to develop this content. You’re able to tailor your writing to match the voice and authority of a veteran industry executive. You also have the research and reporting skills to write a compelling byline from scratch if necessary.
- Editing: You’re an excellent editor who can identify ways to improve any type of writing, whether it’s line edits informed by a firm knowledge of AP Style or high-level feedback. You’re also able to provide counsel and constructive feedback to more junior writers on staff.
- Program/project management: You’re organized and capable of overseeing multiple programs at once. You can manage deadlines, delegate effectively and break big projects into smaller parts.
- Travel: While this role doesn’t involve weekly travel, it does require that you can travel to and from client/new business meetings as needed.
Bonus points for any of the following:
- Established relationships with contributed content editors at top business and technology publications
- Speechwriting chops
- Experience developing video, audio or interactive content
- Experience in analyzing raw data for release in reports/articles
- Team or direct report management experience
- Experience pitching new business
- Experience with social media management, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, social listening or web analytics
- Project management experience
- Prior agency experience
Learn more about working at Bateman Group and check out all of our open positions on our careers page.